What is Accessible Design?
To the uninitiated, designing for people with low vision can seem like an oxymoron. However, accessible design is all about making a document as easy to understand and follow as possible – which is something that benefits everyone.
The biggest thing in accessible design is clarity. Making sure that everything in a document has a clear purpose, and that there is enough space around these things for their meaning to be understood and enough contrast for all content to be seen.
What you will get
- Clear and well presented message
- Designed to meet and exceed WCAG 2.0 AA standards
- Learn how to make content more accessible
- Collaboration with content writers to ensure message is clear for all
- Remediation built into the process
- Option to have documents templated for
- Documents that are accessible AND beautiful!
What you will avoid
- Design changes after it has been approved
- Erratic layouts
- Poor use of corporate colour scheme
- Isolating people who can’t access your information
- Documents that cannot be made WCAG 2.0 AA compliant